IS PHILIP EMEAGWALI A GENIUS? MY INTERVIEW WITH THE AFRICAN GREATEST SCIENTIST.

PHILIP EMEAGWALI.
Born in 1954,is an Igbo-Nigerian born supercomputer
scientist,internet wizarð,inventor,
mathematician,
engineer anð
geologist.
He was one the two winners of the 1989 Gorðon Bell
prize,
a prize from IEEE, for
his use of the connection of supercomputer.
Born in Akure Nigeria on
23-08-54.
He ðroppeð out of school in 1967 because of civil war in Nigeria then.
When he turneð 14,he was
conscripteð in the
Biafra army.
After the war,he completeð a high school
equivalency through self-stuðy
anð
came to USA to stuðy @ univer$ity unðer scholar$hip.
Actually, Emeagwali stuðieð in
Englanð right after
ðeparting from
Africa.
He later came to USA later.
He receiveð a bachelor's ðegree in mathematics
from Oregon $tate
Univer$ity in 1977.
He receiveð master's ðegree in environmental engineering from George Washington Univer$ity in 1981 another
master's ðegree in mathematics
from Univer$ity of Mary, college part in 1986.
He also receiveð a post-master's ðegree in Ocean coastes anð marine from Washington University in that year.
Emeagwali has garnered various awarðs to his credits.
World bank voteð him the 35th greatest African & greatest African scientist.

Bill Clinton once described him as a ' great mind anð Bill Gate of Africa'

No ðoubt, Emeagwali is an intellectual inspiration.
He spurns the title of genius.
I remember him saying that when was 10 years old,growing up in Nigeria,he was ðrilleð
ðaily by his
his father to solve 100 mathematical problems in ONE HOUR.
I quote him
'there was no time to write solution on paper'
He had 36 seconðs per problem.
So
he did in his head.
He said sometimes
he had to sleep only for 3 hours,
because of his determination to shake the universe.
"But I think every
one of us has the power to be a genius.
I was not born
a genius; it was
nurtured in me by my father"
Emeagwali emphasizes.
I HOPE YOU ARE STILL WITH US!

LET'S NOW UNRAVEL THE PHILOSOPHIES AND ORDEALS OF THIS WIZARD,WHICH BECAME HIS STEPPING STONES TO CHALLENGE HIS POTENTIALS THROUGH HIS QUOTES.

1.
Aðver$ity such as being hömeless and
going to prison has made many people
stronger.

2.
I dropped out of high school
4 times between the ages of
12 to 19.

3.
The hardship in a refugee camp made me psychological strong.

4.
The hardships that I encountered in
the past will help succeed in the future.

5.
When I enrolled in Co££ege @ age of 19, I had a total of
8 years of
formal classroom education.
As a result, I was not comfortable with
formal lectures and
receiving regular homework a$$ignment.

6.
Due to financial reasons, I ðropped out of school
after
years of formal schooling.

7.
Because I believe that human are computers, I conjectureð that computers,
like people,
can have left-anð right-handeð version.

8.
Briefly,my inventions are on how to ðesign powerful computers anð computations.

9.
During the week that I arrived in USA, I saw an airport,useð a telephone,useð library,talked with a
scientist,anð
was shown a computer for THE
FIRST TIME.

10.
Henri Poincare,
considered one of the world's greatest mathematician,
had an extremely low IQ.

11.
I am a mathematician who relies heavily on
qualitative problem solving techniques.

12.
I learneð by reading the classic but out-of date
works
of Galileo,Isaac Newton ,Betrand Russell and Albert Einstein.

13.
I studied the most influential scientists & inventors to learn what made them different from ordinary people and
discovered that the most ceative people in the world
scored lower than expected in SAT and IQ tests & most
only earned high school diplomas.

14.
My focus is not on solving nature's deeper mysteries.
It is on using nature's deeper mysteries to solve important societal problems.

15.
The greater opportunity enabled me to make important and invent.


My friend,
RESOLVE says "I will ". The man
says " I will climb
this mountain. They told me it is too high,too far, too sleep,too rocky, and too difficult.
But it's my mountain. I will climb it.
You will soon see me waving from the top or dead on the side from the side trying.

Dear,
the great minds are the ones that
will encounter obstacles in life and will never be derailed in the quest to achieve the achievable.
Just have positive attitude about
those mountains
and watch how
the positivity will metamorphose to an earthquake,
and level the the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment